Friday 21 January 2011

Font annalysis

These are some ideas for my title on my music magazine. The title I chose to do it "Tune up!" I think that this works well as it sounds professional and its also musicy and I think will attract teenagers to read it.
1. I really like this one as I feel it looks like it's meant to be put on a music magazine but I feel that it looks a little to punk.
2. The next one is a little to plain and simple, however I feel that the simplicity adds to the effect and makes it look very effective.
3. I really like this next one, the main reason that I like this is because its different I really like how it has a background as it makes the font stand out. The only thing I don't like about this one is the star on the end, so if I were to use this I would cut That part out.
4.Again, I like this one because the background makes it stand out and makes it look that little more interesting.
5.This next one Is one of my least favorite as I feel its way too boring, I could maybe make it a lot more attractive by maybe adding in colour instead of just having it black and white.
6.This is another of my favorites as I really like the style of the font, however I feel that it doesn't go with the music theme and it's more army themed so I don't really think that it will work.
7.I like this next one too, I think that this would look very effective on the magazine, I also think that it looks the most professional.
8.This is a disturbed type font, this is one I don't really like as once again It looks too much like punk, and that isn't my magazine theme.
9.This one is simple but I think its very effective and also looks very professional. My favorite parts of this is the cross in the P and the wonky !
10. I also really like this last one, but somehow I don't feel that it goes with the music magazine theme, I really like all the curves as they compliment the sharp edges nicely.

With these fonts I am going to experiment and add in more colours, but I feel they work really well just in black and white.


Please send in a comment and tell me which ones you like and if you have any colour ideas!!!!!!!
Thank you :)

1 comment:

  1. It depends on the genre of music for your magazine, if it a punk rock magazine then I would say numbers 6 and 8 go well

    ReplyDelete